Hey Central Floridians!
Invite friends, family or co-workers and create a team, or simply walk solo. Schools can win up to $1,000 and workplace or faith-based teams can great prizes too (see below for details).
This FREE Challenge, which uses a simple online tool, will help you track steps, stay motivated, and improve your health and fitness. Plus, you can WIN awesome weekly prizes (Fitbits, sports gear, gift certificates and more)! Everyone who signs up, walks consistently and enters their steps at least once per week during the Challenge* will be entered to WIN the GRAND PRIZE of a one year membership to RDV Sportsplex!
Additionally, five (5) runners-up will win a Fitbit Flex – a slim, stylish device that tracks steps, distance, calories burned, sleep cycles — and helps you achieve and maintain health goals.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP. It only takes a minute. Best of luck and happy healthy walking!
The sooner you start walking, the better your chances are of winning! Additional rules apply. See below for complete details.
School Challenge – Win $1,000 for 1st Prize
The *school that has the most participants walking and posting regularly during the Fall Walk90 will earn $1,000 for their school (PTO, Healthy School Team, Sports Team, whatever!). Encourage your parents, faculty, staff (and students) to walk, get fit, have fun and win $1,000 for your school. Plus cash prizes for 2nd and 3rd…
– $500 for 2nd place
– $250 for 3rd place
*Winter Park Consortium School
Have questions? Contact Jill Hamilton Buss at 407.644.2300 ext. 238 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Rules for the Walk90 Challenge
- We operate on the honor code and assume all posts are honorable and honest. However, we reserve the right to verify routes and step counts. Please use a tracking device if possible or use a manual pedometer and keep careful logs.
- Pedometers will be given out at kick-off walk(s) on Saturday, Oct. 1st and at the Winter Park Farmer’s Market (look for the big Healthy Central Florida Fire Truck) and at participating locations which include the Winter Park Public Library, Maitland Public Library, Track Shack and others (check back for updated locations).
- Must log steps manually or automatically through a tracking device on Healthy Central Florida Walk90 Challenge page at least once per week (hcf.walkertracker.com) calculated from the date of your first post.
- The person with the most steps wins the grand prize. In the event of a tie in step count, the person with the most entries/active posting on WalkerTracker site will be the winner (posting pictures, comments or activity-similar to FaceBook and just as easy to use. Bonus points for Facebook posting too!).
- Five additional runners up, those with the next highest step counts, will win Fitbit Flexes.
- Weekly drawings will be held and winners will be chosen at random from the active participants.
- WORKPLACE Challenge – The company with the most employees signed up and walking for the 90 days will be featured in a half-page ad and receive a FREE catered lunch for up to 20 people (complete with chair massage and goodies for all).
- FAITH COMMUNITY Challenge – The faith community, church or synagogue with the most walkers signed up and actively posting will win $300 for their organization.
- Grand Prize and Runner up winners will be notified and prizes given at the conclusion of the contest – on or before January 31, 2016.
- Employees or immediate family members of Healthy Central Florida, Winter Park Health Foundation or Florida Hospital are ineligible for prizes.
- This contest is all about fun and fitness, however, our participants take this seriously and are working hard to be healthy, get fit and win some terrific prizes. Therefore, again, we ask all participants to do the right thing – take the steps you say you took.
HONOR CODE: Healthy Central Florida (HCF) is hopeful that everyone will be honest and log only steps actually taken. To protect everyone from anyone who would abuse the honor system, HCF and Walker Tracker will be monitoring activity and reserve the right to verify Walk90 reported step counts. If fraudulent step counts are discovered, that participant will be automatically disqualified. Therefore participants are encouraged to use verifiable tracking devices, such as Fitbits, Map My Walk (free app), Nike+ Move (free app) or other. At a minimum, a diary of routes and activity are encouraged – especially for those putting up large step counts. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.